A question about acting in America?

Answer this question

  • A question about acting in America?


Answer #1 | 28/12 2013 23:03
Well, you would have to have visa sponsorship, but theoretically, I think so.
Answer #2 | 28/12 2013 23:36
The problem would be that you'd have to get citizenship before any agency would accept you, and without representation, you wouldn't get any work at all. Also, the notion of getting acting work 'continuously' is laughable - every acting job is a temporary one - the average for even a drama school graduate is 2 or 3 weeks a year, in small roles, at minimal rates.
Answer #3 | 29/12 2013 07:58
Theoretically you could apply (doesn't mean it'll be granted). But understand that every acting job you get is temporary - to work continuously for 5 years as and actor would be extremely unlikely. And just getting an O-1 visa to work as an actor in the US is extremely challenging to get. You have to demonstrate that you are an exceptional actor in your own country first. Then you would have to find a US sponsor who would be willing to pay thousands of dollars to sponsor you to come to the US. Not being rude or anything - just want to point out that this really isn't something that should be nagging in your head any more than wondering what would happen if a comet hit the earth.

Possible answer