Voting Question: Break on taxes if supporting girlfriend and baby?

Answer this question

  • Voting Question: Break on taxes if supporting girlfriend and baby?


Answer #1 | 12/12 2013 13:16
Girlfriend NO. Baby yes if you are the biological father or adopted father and you are supporting the child. You need to marry to take a deduction for your girl friend.
Positive: 85 %
Answer #2 | 12/12 2013 13:51
Most likely yes, but the amount will depend on a lot of things you don't give info on. Could range from a few hundred to several thousand dollars.
Positive: 79 %
Answer #3 | 12/12 2013 13:55
if you provide a household for the baby(the baby lives with you)you can claim head of household and your standard deduction is $8950 rather than $6100, this makes $2850 of your income less taxable as for the g/f did she live in your household the ENTIRE year, did she earn $3900, did you provide more than 50% of her support and can she be claimed on the tax return of anyone else? she could be claimed as a qualifying relative which means another $3900 or your income is not taxable plus you probably have the EIC and additional child credit
Positive: 59 %
Answer #4 | 13/12 2013 10:49
If you qualify yes. Not enough info to say.
Positive: 27 %
Answer #5 | 13/12 2013 20:05
Possibly, but it's not that simple. It depends on whether you live together, how much money she makes, what percentage or fraction of their support you provide, and several other things.
Positive: 10 %
Answer #6 | 16/12 2013 09:50
You can claim her if she lived with you all year and has income under $3900. Unless you have court ordered custody, you can claim child if mom sings form 8332.
Positive: 10 %

Possible answer

Had a baby? TurboTax helps you to find any new tax ... doing taxes! I've been using TurboTax for at ... phone for your toughest tax questions; fees ...
Read more
Positive: 85 %
... Does payor have the right to claim child on taxes if he is past due on child support? ... Question: The child support ... child support off my baby's ...
Read more
Positive: 80 %
Taxes; Wills, Trusts & Probate ... Visitation, and Support Issues When an Unmarried Couple Separates. ... When it comes to supporting a child financially, ...
Read more
Positive: 66 %
Comments to Claiming Dependents on Your Tax ... i have a question i just had a baby ... Can my girlfriends parents claim our newborn baby on there Taxes ...
Read more
Positive: 43 %

Show more results