Tax question on expatriates?

Answer this question

  • Tax question on expatriates?


Answer #1 | 06/09 2011 08:56
The short answer is yes. You will need to pay taxes in the Philippines just as any other worker there. China also will require you to file a return. The answer depends on several factors, including how much you earn when you are living and working in the Philippines. Chinese citizens are subject to Chinese tax on their world-wide income, no matter where they live and work. But many Chinese who live and work abroad owe no income tax because they qualify for other programs. That means they can exclude up to a certain amount of foreign earnings for Chinese tax purposes. What is "earned" income? That generally refers to "pay for personal services performed," such as "wages, salaries, or professional fees, commissions, bonuses and tips. You may be able to exclude or deduct some amounts for your meals and house. (This can be so complex that you should consider consulting a trusty tax expert if you think you might qualify. The amounts will depend on where you live, work and how much you earn.
Positive: 41 %

Possible answer

We provide a portal for South African individual and employee tax advice and tax consulting questions. Our tax consulting ... Expatriates - South Africans ...
Read more
Positive: 41 %
INTAXACT International Tax and Accounting specializes in providing high quality tax services to American expatriates. We take the worry out of tax ...
Read more
Positive: 36 %
Seven Questions and More you should know about US expatriate tax ... COMMON EXPATRIATE TAX QUESTIONS WE ... D. Nelson, US INTERNATIONAL & EXPATRIATE TAX ...
Read more
Positive: 22 %
Getting ACA’s “Same Country Exemption” Passed It is important for all United States citizens living and working abroad to understand the American ...
Read more
Positive: 10 %

Show more results

Login to your account
Create new account