I moved from NV to CA in November. Do I have to file income taxes in both states?

Answer this question

  • I moved from NV to CA in November. Do I have to file income taxes in both states?


Answer #1 | 18/12 2013 18:00
Yes, you do.
Positive: 65 %
Answer #2 | 18/12 2013 18:23
If you have no CA income, and you were a part-year resident, then you are not required to file a CA tax return.
Positive: 59 %
Answer #3 | 18/12 2013 18:25
well since Nev does not have an income tax, no you will file a 540NR for Calif.
Positive: 39 %
Answer #4 | 18/12 2013 20:34
NV doesn't have a state income tax. But you'll owe tax to CA on any money you make after you move there.
Positive: 7 %
Answer #5 | 18/12 2013 21:30
How long did you live in Nevada? There is no state tax there so you do a federal and a CA.
Positive: 10 %
Answer #6 | 18/12 2013 23:30
NV doesn't have income tax and you weren't in CA long enough to have to file a tax return.
Positive: 10 %
Answer #7 | 19/12 2013 06:30
Positive: 10 %

Possible answer

Child support questions ... I paid Child Support through Clark County NV to San Bernandino County CA. ... This will just ensure that if you do have ...
Read more
Positive: 65 %
242 thoughts on “ Two State Tax Returns: Live in One State, ... on both KS and MO state taxes. ... there and do not have to file a Texas state income ...
Read more
Positive: 60 %
Retiring to another state-state taxes (pension plan, beach, move, ... in California. Do I have to file a ... a state that does have income taxes.
Read more
Positive: 46 %
Parent to Pay Lives in Another State or Outside of the United ... File My Income Tax Return ... You do not have to receive public assistance for DOR to ...
Read more
Positive: 23 %

Show more results

Login to your account
Create new account