I live in Wisconsin but work in Minnesota. Do I still need to file a form in Wisconsin?

Answer this question

  • I live in Wisconsin but work in Minnesota. Do I still need to file a form in Wisconsin?


Answer #1 | 08/02 2014 09:56
that will depend on the state of Wisc. some states require that residents report income from all sources, some only income earned in that state check your Wisc rules
Positive: 87 %
Answer #2 | 08/02 2014 09:43
Yes. You fill out the federal form first. Then you fill out the WI non-resident form. Then you fill out the MN resident form. MN may give you a credit for taxes paid during 2013 to WI.
Positive: 81 %
Answer #3 | 08/02 2014 09:36
YES sure you do when your resident state does have a state income tax for that purpose and time in your life. Nonresident Wisconsin and then your resident and usually your resident state does allow you to claim a tax credit for the taxes that you would have to pay to your nonresident state where you did work to earn your 2013 taxable income to be correctly reported on 2013 1040 FIT return and both of your state income tax returns during the 2014 tax filing season. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 02/08/2014
Positive: 61 %

Possible answer

Divorce/Dissolution Under Minnesota law, ... Must Live in Minnesota ... You usually need to file divorce forms in the District Court located in the ...
Read more
Positive: 87 %
A minor is required to obtain a work permit before beginning work. Information on work permits ... work permit on file ... Work Permit Offices in Wisconsin ...
Read more
Positive: 82 %
How Nonresident Income is Taxed by Minnesota Share RSS ... Do I still need to pay Minnesota taxes on my pension? ... see Schedule M4A of Form M4, ...
Read more
Positive: 68 %
How to Do Taxes if You Live and Work in 2 Different ... Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin ... form here. Note: Even if you live and work in states ...
Read more
Positive: 45 %

Show more results