I live in louisiana and work in Alaska. Can I claim my airline tickets on my taxes?

Answer this question

  • I live in louisiana and work in Alaska. Can I claim my airline tickets on my taxes?


Answer #1 | 22/12 2013 14:45
No not at all for this purpose and time in your life. Your company should be helping you out with this expense for that purpose and time in your life. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/22/2013
Positive: 52 %
Answer #2 | 22/12 2013 14:52
Not if you're a direct employee. The IRS position is move to Alaska if that's where you work. You could if you were a 1099 contractor.
Positive: 46 %
Answer #3 | 22/12 2013 15:11
Based on your message, your "tax home" is Alaska. Consequently, you would not be able to deduct travel costs there and back.
Positive: 26 %
Answer #4 | 22/12 2013 17:00
You cannot claim the cost of going back and forth between where you work and where you live. However, if you move to be nearer to where you work, then you may be able to claim the cost of one trip, one way, for yourself, your household goods and furniture, your family, your car, and whatever else you take from your old home to your new home.
Positive: 10 %
Answer #5 | 23/12 2013 05:45
No, that is commuting and not deductible.
Positive: 10 %

Possible answer

Airline tickets are ... posting about Things I Wish I Had Known Before Moving to Alaska nearly ... I have wanted to move and live to Alaska. Its been my ...
Read more
Positive: 52 %
... Cost of being a professional athlete. ... live in Florida, the taxes you pay to those ... cross the border for work can complicate ...
Read more
Positive: 47 %
The Best Price Guarantee applies to every Air, ... Airline Tickets: same airline, ... How Do I Claim My Refund?
Read more
Positive: 33 %
... and secure way for customers to access claim ... do I file my taxes? do my legislators meet? can ... do I pay taxes? should I live/work/play in California?
Read more
Positive: 10 %

Show more results