how do i change my w4? married one child?

Answer this question

  • how do i change my w4? married one child?


Answer #1 | 19/12 2013 05:58
You just file a new W4. You can pretty much put any number you want on the W4 but it doesn't change how much tax you pay. It only changes how much is deducted from your check. When you file your taxes next April 15 you might owe a lot of money if you make the number of deductions too big. You must provide more than 1/2 of your fathers income to claim him as a dependent. I suspect just paying his rent isn't enough. Also, he must not have filed a joint tax return with another person.
Positive: 81 %
Answer #2 | 19/12 2013 06:12
You simply fill one in and hand it in. If your husband is at 1, then you don't want to be more than 1 probably.
Positive: 75 %
Answer #3 | 19/12 2013 08:34
if your employer entered 0 on the W-4 for you they are withholding the maximum amount on your gross that they are able to do if you are married your child is both your dependents(not yours alone) and yes, it is important to know what he claims on his W-4 because you don't both want to duplicate the exemptions if he claimed married, 1, you could claim married, and at least 2 if you are paying for 50% of your father's support, yes you can claim him as a dependent even if he doesn't like in your household(ie. if you paid for him in a nursing home he would qualify)
Positive: 55 %
Answer #4 | 20/12 2013 10:20
It's easy to update the W-4. Just go on to Wal-net and you should find the form. Talk to your manager if you have questions.
Positive: 23 %

Possible answer

How to Determine Your W-4 Allowances. ... How much do I claim? I claimed 2 on my w4 when starting my new job ... married with one child. My spouse works PT ...
Read more
Positive: 81 %
Adjust Your W4 to Maximize Your ... You probably filled one of these bad boys out ... we have a child, should i change my withholding to 1 less now ...
Read more
Positive: 76 %
How Many Allowances Should I Claim on My W4? ... one job, or married with ... if you're married, you'll want to flip the W4 form ...
Read more
Positive: 62 %
I Want to Fill Out My W-4 Withholding ... married or divorced; You have had a child since ... the change in income, so pop into the My Money ...
Read more
Positive: 39 %

Show more results