Help! Stock and Personal Tax Question?

Answer this question

  • Help! Stock and Personal Tax Question?


Answer #1 | 21/12 2013 17:53
I am not a tax expert or a tax attorney - you do not have to file a return if your adjusted gross income is below the threshold required to file a return to pay tax. Be sure to adjust your w4 at work so the absolute minimum is with held from your wages each pay period, so as to not be required to file a return in order to get a refund of the money [withholding] held for that year in a government account as opposed to your IRA or regular investment account is a concept you might talk to an expert in order to better understand.
Positive: 57 %
Answer #2 | 22/12 2013 10:52
fill out one of the free tax form generators on the internet in Feb or March and you will find out. {or research everything at irs dot gov} - b/c only you know all of the facts in your case
Positive: 51 %
Answer #3 | 24/12 2013 09:20
At your income level, your federal capital gains tax rate is 0. You will, however, still need to file a Schedule D with your income tax return. If you want to confirm, here's an easy tax calculator, with a summary of the 2013 rates by tax bracket:
Positive: 31 %

Possible answer

Ask a personal finance expert your question now. You can also browse answers to other personal finance questions. ... Personal Tax 401K Alternative Minimum Tax
Read more
Positive: 57 %
Completing a tax return. ... To help you determine which you will need, ... Find out how to report all types of personal income. Deductions, credits, ...
Read more
Positive: 52 %
Personal tax – form. Self Assessment: Short Tax Return notes ... Use the SA211 and SA210 notes to help you complete the SA200 Short Tax Return. Documents.
Read more
Positive: 38 %
Do you have questions on your tax return, refund status, or need help from ... if you have tax questions regarding your personal ... to your question ...
Read more
Positive: 15 %

Show more results