Ex won't file taxes. Owes back support. Ohio?

Answer this question

  • Ex won't file taxes. Owes back support. Ohio?


Answer #1 | 20/12 2013 07:29
If he just refuses to file, he's stupid if he has refunds coming that could go toward what he owes. But the IRS won't do anything about it if he has refunds coming. Your only real chance is if the county takes action - they can haul him into court and even jail him. But if they won't, you're out of luck. Sorry.
Positive: 34 %
Answer #2 | 21/12 2013 11:52
If he would have gotten a refund if he had filed, then it's a waste of your time. The IRS knows that there is no penalty for not filing, unless he would have owed if he did file, so they aren't going to do anything. If he would have owed the IRS if he did file. then it's a waste of your time for a different reason. The IRS will make him pay what he owes the IRS, plus interest and penalties, but they won't give any of it to you.
Positive: 28 %

Possible answer

Can I File as Married Filing Jointly if a Spouse Owes ... such as child support, student loans or back taxes. ... owes the debt and you file a ...
Read more
Positive: 34 %
Children Need the Support and Lveo of Both Parents ... Why won’t the child support office put a lien on it? ... owes over $5,000 in back support.
Read more
Positive: 29 %
... my husband and his former spouse owe back taxes in the state of ohio. ... husband and exwife owes back taxes ... besides child support and ...
Read more
Positive: 15 %
... “You’ve got to let your ex husband claim your children for taxes? ... ex decides to take you back to ... Court Ordered Exemptions and the ...
Read more
Positive: 10 %

Show more results