End of Year Accounts - Flat Service Charges?

Answer this question

  • End of Year Accounts - Flat Service Charges?


Answer #1 | 22/12 2013 17:25
Your solicitor should have ensured that this was covered when you exchanged contracts and that if any shortfall arose, the previous owner would be liable. Give them a call and check this was so.
Positive: 78 %
Answer #2 | 22/12 2013 18:51
Well, of course you should call them. To most people, that would be blindingly obvious. It seems clear that this is just a simple admin mistake on behalf of the agent. You are clearly not liable for the charges before you owned the property, the former owner is, and you can prove that. A simple call to the agents will sort this out.
Positive: 72 %
Answer #3 | 23/12 2013 02:11
It' probably an oversight. Just wise them up and it should go away.
Positive: 52 %
Answer #4 | 25/12 2013 14:37
You answered the question - "why should I pay the defect for that year?"
Positive: 20 %

Possible answer

Types of Rental Income ... flats, apartments, offices and farmland, ... service charges in respect of services ancillary to the occupation of property, ...
Read more
Positive: 78 %
Beware the 'cheaper' leasehold option that could cost more in the long run
Read more
Positive: 73 %
Service Charges in Commercial Property, ... Ensure the timely issue of budgets and year end certificates ; ... Services More services › ...
Read more
Positive: 59 %
HRBS are fixed fee accountants providing accounting, ... includes year end accounts and ... VAT on Reverse Charge Services; VAT Registration; VAT Flat Rate ...
Read more
Positive: 36 %

Show more results