50cc crosser/dirt road legal or a twist and go moped?

Answer this question

  • 50cc crosser/dirt road legal or a twist and go moped?


Answer #1 | 21/12 2013 11:14
Well at 16 your limited to a moped. With a top speed of 27MPH. If your wanting a "small motorbike (dirt bike)" you'll need to wait till your 17
Positive: 74 %
Answer #2 | 21/12 2013 12:11
A Derbi Senda and a Honda MTX-50 are both mopeds. A "moped" is legally defiined as any two-wheeler with an engine smaller than 50cc, which is restricted to less than 30mph. And that is all you can ride at the age of 16. Insurance for any moped will be the same - around £200-£500, depending on where you live. Before you can legally ride on the road at all, you MUST complete the C.B.T. (Complusory Basic Training) course. Dirt bikes are good on the dirt. They don't work so well on tarmac.
Positive: 68 %

Possible answer

Who can ride 50cc vehicles? You can only ride a moped if you ... want to ride a moped on the road without displaying L ... on a twist'n'go ...
Read more
Positive: 74 %
Used 50cc Motorbikes For Sale ... jintong 50cc road legal bike. ... LEXMOTO VALENCIA 50CC TWIST & GO CLASSIC RETRO MOPED SCOOTER.
Read more
Positive: 69 %
50cc motorbikes & scooters Share: Share on ... better known as twist-and-go, ... Many 50cc bikes and mopeds are legal in the UK for road use by riders aged ...
Read more
Positive: 55 %
... Direct Bikes 50cc Scooter Delivered to Your Door. ... All you have to do is twist and go! ... Other 50cc Scooters; 50cc Tommy Scooter;
Read more
Positive: 32 %

Show more results